Saturday, June 8, 2013

Then and Now - Page 1

Topic of Discussion: The Purpose of Life is a life of purpose


Page 1:


My Response Then: If you don't set goals in life to make it purposeful, you won't feel like life is worth living for.  Setting goals for yourself is what makes you want to live to see the outcome.  If your life has no purpose, then you feel no need to live and can even become depressed and commit suicide.

My Response Now:  What I wrote seemed reasonable enough to me still up until the very end.  I find it weird to see pieces of my darker self seeping though when I wasn't so dark minded yet.  I don't hint that you can become depressed with life enough to want to die but rather come out and just say it.  Now I know just how dark-minded and sick (why I am sick minded is not a topic for this discussion) of an individual I am but back then, I wasn't so much.  That is what is bothering me so much about this. 

My response now would be something along to lies on setting goals or death so yeah, not much different is it.  I guess not everything changes too much except now I don't hide how dark of a personality I have as much as I did back then.  Back then, I pretended to be a happy person cause that's what everyone thought of me so I played along.  I still occasionally still do decide to play along, especially with teachers, it leaves me in good standing with them.  Point is, I see bits and pieces of what makes up my current personality started to develop back four years ago.

I also feel the need to question what was I thinking when I drew that thing on the edge of the paper.  If you stare at it long enough, at least for me, it hurts your eyes.  I notice that its common for me to draw stuff like that on all my old papers.  I stopped.  I wounder why?  

Well, I think I will leave it on that for this first entry.  Eventually I will go though all the posts written in the notebook.  Maybe I'll even figure out what I am even doing with my life currently.  Honestly, I have no clue what I am currently doing or will do. 

 Now, question for you: How would you respond to the above topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment